Warm Welcome from Buffalo!
On this site we hope you will find helpful information on our city's regular operations and valuable information about our community. Whether you are trying to find specific information, new to the area, or just stopping in to visit us online, the City of Buffalo extends a warm welcome to all visitors.
Where is Buffalo?
Buffalo is an ideal commercial location. Situated at the crossroads of two of the State of Texas' busiest highways; Interstate 45 and Highway 79. Buffalo is mid-way between Dallas and Houston, Texas, and halfway between Austin, Texas, and Shreveport, Louisiana. Buffalo is the geographical center of 75% of Texas' industry and population.
Why Move To Buffalo?
Top 5 Reasons To Live Here!
- Small Town Feel with Big Community Support
- Great Place to Start Anew
- Centrally located to larger surrounding cities and excellent roadways for travel, via I-45 and Hwy 79.
- Stable and Proven Education System
- YOUR Voice is Heard in the Community!
Small-town atmosphere with a business friendly attitude – Buffalo is a community with much to offer.
- Small Town
- Closer client relationships
- Active Chamber of Commerce
- Supportive Buffalo Economic Development Corporation (BEDC)
Buffalo's small town offers a supportive community to provide close bonds between our businesses to ensure your business has the resources it needs to grow.View Local Businesses
Buffalo is centrally located to provide the small town comforts to you and your family, as well as offering a short drive to all the accommodations of the big cities such as Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Tyler.
- Halfway between Dallas and Houston on I-45
- Halfway between Austin and Tyler on Highway 79
This central location provides just over an hour's drive to all these cities.Read About Buffalo's History